Saturday, November 20, 2010

Starting The Next Chapter

About one week ago, on November 12, 2010, Jon and I went from being PCVs (Peace Corps Volunteers) to RPCVs (Returned Peace Corps Volunteers). The following are some photos from that day.


Our Small Business Development group together for one last picture.


Our community based training group.


Angie and Terra.


"Stamping Out"

After November 12th we returned back to our site for a couple of days to pack up our stuff and clean out our house. On November 16, the day before 3id Kabir, we traveled to our friend Lisa's site. We left our town shortly after dawn and the drive was one of the most beautiful we've ever had.



Lisa suggested that we go to souk one last time to get some photos. Being the day before the most major holiday in Morocco, we knew that it would be crazy, and sure enough, it was. Most of these pictures were taken while my camera hung at waist level around my neck so as to draw less attention to myself and not make people uncomfortable.





Lisa and Jon standing in front of the horse-draw carriage we took to get to the souk.


The Next day was a full day of sheep slaughtering and eating in celebration of 3id kabir. The following are some of my favorite photos from that day. *Warning, some pictures may not be for all audiences.








Yesterday Jon and I left Morocco and are now doing some traveling in Europe before embarking on a transatlantic cruise and then finally returning home. It is just the beginning of the next chapter of our lives.

2 comments:

KT said...

Enjoy your travels!

High Heels Designer said...

Hi, Emily and Jon!

What an inspiring journey you had with the paper story. I am so inspired now to start making my own paper except I don't know where to get those molds!

Would you please let me know where I can get them to be shipped here in Canada? I saw you've made envelopes also. I assume you have the molds for them too.

I'd love to hear from you!

Ria